I had a fairly full-on weekend so I missed this one – NetWorker 9.1.1 is now available.
Being a minor release, this one is focused on general improvements and currency, as opposed to introducing a wealth of new features.
There’s some really useful updates around NMC, such as:
- Performance/response improvements
- Option for NMC to retrieve a vProxy support bundle for you
- NMC now shows whenever the NetWorker server is running in service mode
- NMC will give you a list of virtual machines backed up and skipped
- NMC recoveries now highlight the calendar dates that are available to select backups to recover from
Additionally, NDMP and NDMA get some updates as well:
- Some NDMP application options can now be set in the NetWorker client resource level, rather than having to establish them as an environment variable
- NMDA for SAP/Oracle and Oracle/RMAN get more compact debug logs
- NMDA for Sybase can now recover log-tail backups.
Finally, there’s the version currency:
- NetWorker Server High Availability is now supported on SuSE 12 SP2 with HAE, and RHEL 7.3 in a High Availability Cluster (with Pacemaker).
- NVP/vProxy supports vSphere 6.0u3
- Meditech module supports Unity 4.1 and RecoverPoint 5.0.
As always for upgrades, make sure you read the release notes before diving in.
Also, don’t forget my new book is out: Data Protection: Ensuring Data Availability. It’s the perfect resource for any data protection architect.